LIFE

Winter sunset in Oregon
Beautiful winter sunset from early January. I love living in Oregon.


Life is crazy. 

Also, blogging is hard when you don't have a clear direction.

If you've seen my previous posts from last year, when I first started this blog, you can see that the content and types of posts I did were all over the place. I had a lot of inspiration that came from reading so many blogs that I was never sure what direction I wanted to go in. Fashion girl? Lifestyle blogger? DIY enthusiast? All that questioning left me in a constant state of disarray, never sure when my next post would be. It always felt like such a hassle to come up with something new every time, since I really WAS trying something new every time. Trying to find my direction...

And here we are eleven months later... clearly, I never got around to picking a direction.

BUT! I still want to blog. I renewed my domain in December. I'm here. I'm ready. And I think I have more of a clear idea now of where I want everything to go.

I'm not a big online shopper or obsessed makeup guru. I don't wear photo-worthy outfits everyday and I'm not flying all over the globe to exotic locales. I also don't do enough crafts on the regular to warrant tons of DIY tutorials. But the thing is, I might do a little of all of those. I realized I can be a little of everything, something that is still all me, and that can be enough. I don't have to pinpoint myself into one super-particular niche. It is my blog after all, right? Why not blog about what I love, even if that changes slightly with each day of the week? I can also do that without using this blog as a venting forum or live scrapbook, which I'd rather not do. I want to keep it professional, but truthful. Real, but not overexposed.

And of course I'd like to do it all with a little bit of style and grace.

Grace is my middle name, after all.



P.S. Check out what I've been up to lately on Instagram and follow along! Let's be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment