Chunky Knits & Christmas Trees

It was a cold and foggy December day in Oregon...









Black headband: Target // Black jacket: Nordstrom // Maroon sweater: JCP (similar) // 
Mint scarf: Fuego (similar) // Striped shirt: thrifted (similar) // Leggings: Nordstrom // 
Leg warmers: TJ Maxx (similar) // Rainboots: Nordstrom

♥ ♥ ♥

This weekend my family finally got a Christmas tree! Had to wait til my brother was back from college - it's a tradition for us to all go to a local tree farm and spend a couple hours roaming the place for the the perfect tree. And playing ridiculous games of tag, obviously. 

I knew it was going to be a cold morning, so I layered on all the chunky knits I could find.. Which was surprisingly easy because the colors I have been buying recently actually go together. That is really saying something because I tend to buy whatever catches my eye first and not consider whether it works well with other items in my closet! But that is an entirely different subject for another day. I digress...

It was so foggy the morning we went, which made for some really cool photos along the tree line! The trip was very Christmas-y and we had a great time picking out a tree, although all of our toes were completely frozen by the end. When we drove back to the entrance to pay, the workers had free hot chocolate to warm us up, so that was a plus! 

Cutting down a tree at a farm is a pretty typical happening in Oregon, but how many of you cut down your own? Pick one from a lot? Buy a perfectly trimmed fake tree? Let me know in the comments what you do and why! Thanks for reading :)

kayla grace hedwall a state of stylish grace fashion style blog

No comments:

Post a Comment